This nice recipe comes down to us from the United States of America and at first glance it may seem bizarre and even with no apparent meaning. Cloud bread or literally cloud bread is a preparation that has as ingredients two simple elements such as cream cheese and eggs.
If made with the right ingredients it can also be an excellent light alternative to ordinary bread and therefore replace it in low-carb or low-calorie food plans.
Obviously it is a small greedy whim that anyone can indulge in; cloud bread is excellent both in savory breakfasts but also in quick snacks and with the addition of lean cold cuts or smoked salmon that accompanied by seasonal vegetables can become an excellent complete meal.
As already mentioned, it is made of eggs and cheese but can be enriched with many spices that make it even more greedy and palatable, for example excellent with chives and pepper but also with an oriental touch given by the curry which in addition to giving it flavor gives it a beautiful orange color.
- 2 large eggs
- 40 gr of spreadable cheese
- ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Salt to taste
- To taste black pepper
- To taste sesame seeds
1. The preparation of the cloud bread must be very fast since being composed for the most part of whipped egg whites, it would be easily disassembled making the preparation unusable. Start by turning on the static oven at a temperature of about 170 degrees then prepare the electric whisks, all the ingredients and two bowls on the work surface where you will immediately separate the yolks from the whites. Inside the bowl where you have inserted the egg whites, add salt and pepper and also the spreadable cheese at this point you can add the cream of tartar and with the whips start working the ingredients until you get a smooth and homogeneous cream.
2. Once the yolks have been processed, switch to the egg whites; clean the whips from the yolk as otherwise the egg white will not whip up. Operate the whips at maximum power and work the egg whites until they are whipped to very firm snow. Once this is done, using a spatula, incorporate the cream of egg yolks and cheese into the egg whites, working slowly from bottom to top so as not to risk the egg whites losing consistency.
3. Line a baking tray or baking sheet with parchment paper then portion the mixture with a spoon and make small paini that you absolutely must not crush. Sprinkle all or part of the sandwiches with sesame seeds and bake in the previously heated oven. The cooking will be kept under control and therefore cook for about 20 minutes. Once ready, turn off the oven and let them cool only then you can take them out of the oven and serve your cloud bread.
- If the sandwiches become too dark during cooking, lower the oven to 150 degrees and continue cooking.
- If you are afraid that they will stick to the bottom, lightly grease the baking paper.