These almond biscuits are a delicious shortbread treat made from almond flour and potato starch. Combining the flavour of almonds with the strength of potato starch, our biscuits are a great gluten-free option.
Light and crumbly, they are perfect for breakfast or paired with a flavourful cup of tea in the late afternoon, or even alongside a cold drink in summer, such as our homemade almond milk.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 100 grams of almonds
- 150 grams of potato starch
- 1 egg
- 100 grams of sugar
- 70 grams of butter
- 1 sachet (0.5 g) of vanillin or equivalent vanilla flavouring
1. Blend the almonds as much as possible, until you have a fine flour. Add the sugar, vanilla flavouring and baking powder.
2. Add the butter in small pieces, breaking it up with your hands, followed by the egg. Knead quickly until the egg has been absorbed into the dough.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Add the potato starch little by little and knead until the dough forms a soft and homogeneous ball. Let it rest for half an hour in the fridge, wrapped in cling film. Form the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are light golden brown.
Tips and tricks
- Leave small pieces of almonds in the dough.
- Replace granulated sugar with brown sugar for a slightly more intense flavour.
- Add unsweetened cocoa powder (3 tablespoons) and substitute hazelnuts for almonds to create a delicious alternative.
- You can also try our wholemeal shortcrust tartlets with almond cream.