A mini chocolate cake is a great classic, decadent and delicious. It is the perfect end to any dinner, whether you are with your partner or with friends. It is perfect for every season, served with a hot chocolate sauce in winter and ice cream in summer.
This gluten-free version has an undoubted intense chocolate flavour enriched by the taste of toasted peanuts that surely won’t disappoint you. You can easily prepare these mini cakes in advance, keep them in the fridge or freezer and bake them just when you need to surprise your guests.
Ingredients for 4 mini cakes
- 80g butter (and a little to grease the tray)
- 80g chocolate 60%
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g sugar
- 25g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 40gr Peanut butter
1. Place the muffin tray (or individual cups) in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, cut strips of parchment paper 2cm wide and long enough to go over the edge of the mould. Melt the butter, not too hot, and brush the cold moulds. In this way, the butter will immediately set, creating a nice layer. Place the strips of parchment paper crosswise in the moulds, sprinkle with cocoa and leave to one side.
2. Melt the chocolate in over a bain-marie or in the microwave, slowly adding the melted butter, mixing well.
3. In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar, with salt and vanilla extract. Finally, add the chocolate and butter, mixing everything with a whisk.
4. Add the sifted cocoa and when everything is well blended, place a spoonful of chocolate batter on the bottom of the mould, alternate it with a teaspoon of peanut butter on each mould, and cover with more chocolate mixture.
5. Bake at 180 ° C for about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked.
Tips and tricks
If you use individual moulds, you can butter it and serve it as it is at dessert time.