Banana bread is a delicious and super moist cake. The characteristic flavour and softness come from the overripe bananas. Smoothies and cocktails served on exotic beaches are often made using a combination of banana and coconut, and in this case, they enrich this already very delightful cake.
The real secret is in the bananas, which must be extra ripe. When the skin is almost entirely black, then you know you have the perfect bananas for this cake.
You will need 3 or 4 bananas, depending on the size, and you can also reduce the quantity of sugar accordingly to their state of ripeness.
For a 10x29cm rectangular cake pan. Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 45-50 minutes.
- 3-4 bananas (depending on the size)
- 2 eggs
- 50g sugar
- 70g veg oil
- 100ml coconut milk full fat (no drink milk)
- 80g coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 150 plain gluten free flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
1 – Using a fork, purée 2 bananas and set aside. In a large bowl add eggs and sugar and whisk well.
2 – Then add the oil, coconut milk and banana puree.
3 – After mixing everything, add the GF flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder and mix quickly to obtain a smooth batter. If it is too thick, add half a cup of water. Pour the batter in the tin lined with parchment paper and decorate with banana. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar and bake for 45-50 minutes at 180 ° C or until the cake is cooked well in the middle.
– The riper the bananas, the more perfect this recipe will be.
– Gluten-free flours and coconut flour tend to absorb a lot of liquid, make sure the batter has a soft consistency if not, add a little water or other coconut milk.