These gluten-free crepes are a great alternative to crepes made using wheat flour or any other flour that contains gluten, ideal for people who suffer from a gluten intolerance.
Thanks to this recipe, anyone can enjoy delicious crepes whenever they like! Our gluten-free crepes are made with rice flour and soy milk—which means they are both gluten-free and lactose-free—as well as salt, oil and eggs. They are also incredibly easy to cook.
Gluten-free crepes are perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They can be served in a thousand different ways, with both sweet and savoury toppings and fillings. Let’s get started on the recipe!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 160 grams of rice flour
- 250 millilitres of soy milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- oil as needed
1. Pour the flour into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Pour in the milk a little at a time and mix everything with an electric whisk until the mixture is homogeneous and smooth.
2. Add all three eggs to the mixture and whisk again to incorporate them well. Add a little oil and stir. Heat a drop of oil in a non-stick pan or a special pan for making crepes.
3. Using a small ladle, pour a dose of the batter into the pan and then move the pan in a circular motion. This will help to distribute the batter well. Cook the crepes for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
Ta-da! Gluten-free crepes, ready to be filled with your favourite sweet or savoury ingredients!
Tips and tricks
- If you want your gluten-free crepes more golden and crunchy, cook them for a few extra minutes.
- Gluten-free crepes have a more delicate flavour than classic wheat flour crepes. Their neutral flavour makes them even more versatile, perfect for a wide variety of sweet and savoury dishes.
- If you want to try a savoury filling, I recommend spreading them with a thin layer of gluten-free béchamel and putting them in the oven for a few minutes. The results are amazing, trust me!